Tuesday, May 17, 2011

allergies

So they're saying that this year has been absolutely terrible for allergies and I can certainly believe it. Andy's been living on zyrtec since March and even though I've never really suffered from allergies, I've found myself more congested and uncomfortable then ever.

Sadie, however, has developed a new and unusual allergy. She's decided that she's allergic to turtles. Now we're not sure if this means that she can't be around turtles or if it's more that she can't eat them but she's pretty insistent on it. Even at the doctor's recently, the doc asked me if she had any allergies (wanting to be sure that she would be okay on antibiotics) but before I could respond, Sadie informed the doc of her turtle allergy. The doc looked at me wide-eyed and I really didn't know what to say, except that "yep, that's Sadie." In defense of the doc, she doesn't usually see Sadie. Somehow, I think that Dr. R, her usual pediatrician would have just laughed it off. He's definitely used to Sadie's stories.

So, while most households need to be nut-free, we will be going turtle free but I have to admit, I'm curious as to what her reaction is to turtles.

No comments: