Thursday, May 10, 2012

Video Clip Blast

So my little point and shoot camera, a Canon Powershot A590, is my trusty video recorder and so that's what I pull out for our family videos.  Back when we were first expecting, one of the first things we purchased was a little video camera.  Sadly, it wasn't our best decision.  While I'm quite comfortable snapping away still images, I've never gotten into video recording.  It could be the fact that I hate the sound of my voice when I take movies or it could be that it was also my stepdad (Papa Joe) or my brother taking movies when we were growing up so I was never comfortable picking up the video camera.  Anyways, our little video camera has been hardly touched over the years and I have become much more comfortable taking little video clips with my still camera.  And of course, a 5 min clip can more than capture a moment.  We don't really need to sit there watching a half hour of the kids riding their bikes in a circle even if they are the most amazing kids in the world ;-)

Today was Sadie's ballet recital.  Well, not exactly.  They don't do recitals but instead invite parents to watch their class on the last day and do a little performance.  This meant busting out my trusty P&S to hopefully capture a few moments of my little ballerina wiggling and giggling and do everything un-ballerina-like in addition to her barre exercises.

This also meant cleaning off the memory card afterwards and posting all the video clips that I've captured but failed to post anywhere.


So here we are.  Several video clips taken over the past few months.  Enjoy all of my aunts out there who patiently wait for me to update this page.  I'll try to do better over the next few months :-)







If you would like to see more ballet clips, send me an email and I'll send you a link to them.  There were too many to post here.


No comments: