Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cousins, Camp and Blueberries

 




We had our annual summer trip to camp.  It's become tradition that we hit camp for the Memorial Day fishing derby and then once more to pick blueberries.  This year the plan was to have a big family get together at camp because my aunt, uncle and cousins from Texas were going to be up.

After the usual chaos of trying to organize a family get together when family is all over the place and the nearest grocery store to camp is a good 30-40 min away.  Figuring out food is crazy, figuring out who's coming is crazy, and figuring out sleeping arrangements is also crazy but then, we're used to crazy.

I had my plan in place and tried to help with the crazy as much as I could.  We were going up for the weekend and then sending the kids off to NJ for the week.  That was the prize that kept me going.  There were a couple of bumps though.  Work went a little crazy for Andy and so he ended up staying behind so it was me and the monkeys on the road.

time for sittin' with Pappy

time for exploring
time for reading

time to just enjoy God's creation


Even with the chaos, we had a really good time.  There was some fishing, some soccer, some hackey sack, some boardgames and video games, some music, some hiking and of course, some blueberry picking.

My uncle, cousin, dad and brother all play guitar so needless to say there was a lot of music.  There's something magical about sitting around the fire at night and listening to guitars.  The s'mores aren't a bad addition either :-)

My uncle even took some time to teach Sadie about story telling chords.  I loved watching it and of course, she couldn't resist trying to take charge.


I'm looking forward to doing this again with everyone soon :-)

No comments: