Monday, January 7, 2008

Funny Stories

Sadie Story-

so Sadie is continuing to try out words. It's so exciting and fun to see her really trying to communicate with us. This afternoon, she was up from her nap and playing in the living. She wandered over to the diaper bag and was able to open it. I figured that she would just pull out some diapers or look for a sippy cup but no... she found the bag of graham crackers right on top and carried them over to me. Then she looked up at me with her big blue eyes, held out the bag and said "cookie." I couldn't help but smile and laugh at her. Then I said "no, cracker" which was not the answer that she wanted. So again she said "cookie?" and again I said "cracker" just to see if she would try to say it. And she did! I was so happy for her, of course I gave her a cracker and she politely said "thank you." It was such a cute moment, that I just had to share.

Caleb Story-

Last night we had the TV on a bit and I found a nature program on PBS about lions. Caleb was just about ready for bed but still had some time so I pointed the show out to him. He did seem to like watching the lions but really was more interested in playing with his toys and bouncing on Sadie's horse. We kept the show on for a little bit as Caleb bounced. Then one of the lions on TV sneezed. Caleb looked up at the TV and happily asked "need a tissue?" to the lion. Again, we thought it was so funny and sweet.

that's all for now- still working on the complete Christmas update for a future post

No comments: