Monday, December 3, 2007

Yeah Jesus!

Caleb's new cheer after trying to sing "Away in the Manger".

Yes, we are full on into Christmas spirit. We've gotten out our Advent Caledar (thanks g'ma) and it's a big hit. Of course, we forgot that it was December first so we really didn't start until December second and then I realized that I was doing it wrong. It's a big fabric calendar with pockets and little figures from the nativity in the pockets. I thought you were supposed to take the figures out of the pockets each day and put them up in the manger but upon reading the packaging I discovered that, no you're supposed to put someone in the pocket each day. I don't really think it matters but I'm not sure what we'll stick with. There's not really enough flannel fabric to stick them to in the manger (all the figure have velcro on their backs). I also haven't decided where to hang it so right now it's up on the entertainment center and all the figures are in a bowl. This morning Caleb kept grabbing my hand pulling me over to the TV and saying "help with the baby Jesus." Took me a minute to figure out what he wanted but then he and Sadie had lots of fun playing with them.

We've been singing lots of Christmas carols-

Jingle Bells
Over the River and Through the Woods (i know that's not really a carol but there's snow)
Frosty the Snowman (Andy and I keep mixing up the words but so far Caleb hasn't noticed)
Suzie Snowflake
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Away in a Manger

and Caleb's new favorite CD is the Chipmunks Christmas CD. All I heard in the car today when I tried to put on other music was "no, Chipmunks" so what was I to do?

Sadie loves all the singing because then she constantly has music to dance to. It's quite cute watching the two of them. Caleb will start singing a song and Sadie will dance. Then they'll both clap when it's done and start again.

We discovered that Caleb is really learning things in Sunday school. It was raining when we got in the car to go to church yesterday and as Andy strapped Caleb in he (Caleb, not Andy :-) ) proceeded to tell us all about the rain and Noah and building a boat and all the animals. It was something to have him remember all that and be able to tell it back so that it still made sense.

Sadie's has started saying pretty and choo choo. We're not sure what the choo choo actually means because she says it quite a bit but picked it up from one of the books we read. She hasn't been napping too well lately and I can't decide if she still needs her morning nap or not. She definitely gets tired but won't seem to sleep for more than a half hour or 45 min. at a time. It's tough when Caleb consistently is taking a good 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Hopefully we'll get this worked out soon.

No comments: