Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Minutes

So I don't have a lot of time because I already hear Sadie waking up, I think. The girl does not sleep any more- very frustrating because then when I bring her downstairs, all she wants to do is either sit with my or climb upstairs and wake up Caleb. oh but I should get back to Thanksgiving.

We stayed here for Thanksgiving this year so it was a fairly easy holiday. The kids got up and we were able to lounge a bit and watch the Macy's parade before going out to Derry for lunch. Andy and I have already been discussing when we'll be taking the kids to the parade (it's so nice having family close to NYC). Caleb loved watching the parade and the balloons. Sadie also loved the music and spent lots of time dancing that morning.

We went out to my dad's for lunch and got to visit with my dad and step-mom (Papa and Grammie) and my brother and sister-in-law and then my uncle and cousin came for dinner too. Caleb and Sadie had lots of fun. There were some new toys at Papa's house, including a new floor puzzle that actually proved a bit challenging for Caleb. He really needed some help with it but seemed to find it easier working on it the second time. Neither one of the kids were interested in the turkey but they both liked the applesauce and Sadie even tried some sweet potatoes. They did like the rolls (of course). After dinner, they weren't interested in any pie but they both tried the little cinnamon flavored crust cookie that Grammie made. Caleb is still talking about Grammie and the cookies.

We visited there a little while longer and then had to make our way to my mom and step-dad's. We planned on just having dessert there so we wouldn't be completely stuffed. I couldn't resist though- my mom made gravy with cornstarch that I could eat so I had to have a little bit of turkey and potatoes with gravy. sidenote- this was my first thanksgiving with celiac which meant my first time having to refuse the stuffing and stuffed shells and rolls and other yummy things that might make me sick. I still haven't figured out if the bread in the turkey got to me or not.

Anyways, Caleb and Sadie enjoyed some frozen pizza and played with Aunt Jackie and Uncle Chris as well as Jas and Lindsay. Both kids pretty much went all day without a nap and were so good. Caleb happily wished people a Happy Thanksgiving and said gobble gobble a couple of times.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hi Jodi! It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It must be so great to have so many relatives that close by. All my family (well, the ones who are still speaking to me!) live so far away that family gatherings consist of merely my parents. I miss having the large family gatherings at holidays. Anyway, I'm so happy that you had such a happy holiday! :-)